Australia's per capita CO2 emissions are among the world's highest.1
Politics is failing us. For decades, we’ve waited for the government to take radical steps to combat climate change. We’re still waiting.
We’ve identified 3 steps the government needs to takewe're asking the government to...
- Immediately cease further investments in fossil fuels, and put a stop to the ‘Gas-led recovery’
- Implement a renewable energy target of 100% by 2030
- Achieve a target of net zero by 2040
The campaign has now ended, but the work is not over
Thank you to the 702 people who wrote a letter to the Prime Minister. We hope you will continue to find ways to elevate your voice on climate change.
What happens next
- We print the lettersAfter we’ve read and moderated every letter, they will be printed and prepared for sending.
- We send the lettersWe’ll send each letter individually to the Prime Minister’s Office by July 6th 2021.
- The letters will be readThe Prime Minister's Office will receive the letter. Your concerns will be heard, and hopefully, addressed.
Frequently asked questions
What about emissions and the environment from this campaign?
What happens to my data?
What happens after I submit my letter?